Within Our Domestic Violence Program
The Women’s Center of Montgomery County is volunteer-driven; we wouldn’t prosper without them! Volunteers are an integral, vital part of our mission and our day-to-day success. Here are some of the many ways volunteers support our mission to eliminate domestic violence:
- Telephone Hotline Counselor: Provide telephone support to callers in crisis or in need of referral. Work in our any of our offices or receive calls forwarded to your home after business hours; the hotline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Peer Counselor: Work one-on-one regularly with a victim seeking counseling and advocacy support.
- Support Group Facilitator: Lead and facilitate a domestic violence support group for victims or their family members.
- Legal Advocate: Working in either Norristown Court House or through our local offices with District Courts, accompanying and informing victims of their rights and options in the PF A and criminal justice system.
- Community Education: We are working hard to get our message out to the community! We need dedicated people to staff information tables at community events, as well as putting up posters and handing out brochures.
- Board of Directors: If you have a high level of passion and commitment to our mission of ending domestic violence, this is your opportunity to become a leader in our organization and to make a real difference by volunteering your time, energy, experience and vision to our Board of Directors
The Women’s Center of Montgomery County is a volunteer, community organization with a primary focus on freedom from domestic violence and other forms of abuse.
Please give me a call (215-635-7340, 10-4pm) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Donna, Office Coordinator